If you’re not looking or feeling your best then odds are your photos will show it. Here are some tips to help you prepare for a photo shoot:
1. It’s all about location! For anything other than mini sessions, I like to let my clients pick the location. I want you to choose somewhere that is important to you or maybe a place that you think looks cool. Remember that a lot of natural light is best and creates amazing photos!
2. Show up fed and well rested! When you’re hangry it’s difficult to focus and smile for your photos. Avoid giving your kids anything that will stain their mouths and make sure they have clean faces. If they are younger, try not to schedule your session during the time that they usually nap. Also, bring a snack or two; we may need to use bribery!
3. Grooming cannot be overlooked. Clean and trim your nails. This is especially important for engagement shoots; we want to show off that bling! Do not try out a new hair color or cut right before your session. You may end up hating it later and not like your photos anymore either. It also helps if you have your hair and make up done. If you want to go all out; have them professionally done, you won’t regret it. Touch up your roots and trim facial hair if needed. Color coordinate your outfits and you can also add fun accessories like scarves and hats.
4. If your fur baby will be a part of your session, don’t feed them a lot at breakfast. I know this may seem cruel, but it leaves room for all the treats I may have to bribe them with. Bring your pet’s favorite treats and/or toy. Trim your pet’s nails and bathe them if needed.
Right before the session try to wipe away any eye boogers and slobber.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to get ready before the session. Showing up refreshed and ready sets the tone for the entire shoot. You’ll be so glad you took the time to do so once you see your photos.
I hope you find these tips useful. If you have any questions before your shoot, please let me know. Help me help you!
I have included links below for hairstylists and makeup artists I recommend.