Let’s be honest, planning a wedding can be stressful and expensive. It helps to lay out a budget with your partner before the planning begins to decide what you really want to splurge on. Below are some tips on how to save money on your wedding:
1. Cut down on the guest list. Invite family and close friends only.
2. Find one location for both the ceremony and reception.
3. Do you know someone with a beautiful property? Consider having a backyard wedding.
4. Have your wedding on a weekday. It’s actually much cheaper to have a wedding through
the week versus on a Saturday.
5. DIY your centerpieces. Pinterest is a great resource for this!
6. Borrow decorations from friends or family.
1. Stick to one or two kinds of flowers.
2. If you truly want real flowers, purchase flowers that are in season.
3. DIY your bouquets.
4. Use more greenery.
5. Pick flowers from your garden or a friend or family member’s garden.
Food and Drinks
1. Have a family member or friend cook your meal.
2. Skip the meal and just serve snacks or dessert.
3. Offer beer only versus an open bar or just skip out on the alcohol altogether.
1. Order a small cake for you and your partner to cut and serve the guests a sheet cake.
2. Skip out on extravagant fillings.
3. Use fresh flowers instead of sugar flowers.
4. Consider having cupcakes instead and bake them yourselves.
1. Buy single page invites.
2. Email your save the dates.
3. Make your own invitations on Vistaprint.
1. Stick to one favor per couple or family.
2. Make your own favors such as s’mores or cookies.
3. Use cupcakes as both dessert and a favor. Decorate them with little thank you notes!
1. Order your dress online or from somewhere local.
2. Have a family member or friend do the alterations.
3. Find bridesmaid dresses at a department store.
1. Rent a tux versus buying one if that’s all you need it for.
2. Invest in a good suit if you need one for everyday life or somewhat often for work.
3. Skip out on the tux altogether and go casual!
Hopefully these tips will help you save money and still have the wedding you’ve always dreamed of!