One part of my business that I am super proud of is the experience that I give to my couples. I love being close with my couples and occasionally checking up on them as they plan their wedding. My clients aren’t just customers to me, they’re also friends. Every single one of them mean the world to me and I’m so glad they choose me to capture their big day!
Sometimes during the CHP experience there isn’t a lot of time for my clients to get to know me super well. I try to focus on them, because that’s what this whole wedding is about! So, I wanted to share 10 facts that you may not know about me:
1. I can be really stubborn when I want something bad enough. I am a firm believer that if you truly want something, you’ll find a way to make it happen and if not, you’ll find an excuse.
2. I love to read! I’ve always been a big fan of reading since I was little. I swear I get it from my mom. There’s just something about snuggling up on the couch with a good book and a hot cup of coffee! I visit my local library once a week for new books and of course, a movie for Henry.
3. I’m not the best at it, but I enjoy baking! I love baked goods: cookies, cake, pie, bread. I’m a total foodie and often joke that the only reason I photograph weddings is for the cake! I dream of opening up a bakery one day.
4. I originally didn’t want to photograph weddings when I first started my business. Can you believe that? I thought they would be too stressful. Now, all I photograph is weddings and engagement sessions! They’re so much fun and I’m so happy to capture a couple’s big day.
5. My husband and I were only dating for 5 months before getting engaged! I feel like this can get some judgement, but when you know, you know.
6. I was pregnant when I got married! Jacob and I ended up having a year and a half long engagement. So, I was 5 months pregnant on our wedding day! I had to get my dress taken out as much as possible because I bought it prior to getting pregnant. It ended up working out and fit like a glove.
7. A lot of people think I went to Lancaster schools because that’s where I live now, but I actually went to Groveport schools. My parents divorced when I was super young. My mom moved us to Canal Winchester, but my dad stayed in Lancaster. We would see him every other weekend, so it’s like I still grew up in my hometown! Choosing to live in Lancaster just felt right and it’s like I came back home.
8. I took marketing class my last two years of high school. Looking back, I have no idea why I took the class. I thought it was super boring and I wasn’t a huge fan of the teacher, but I’m glad I took it now! I do use some tools I learned then for my business now.
9. A lot of my couples ask me if I took photography in college. I’m actually a college drop out! I went to OUL for Law Enforcement Technology. I dropped out after two years because it just wasn’t right for me. I have so much love and respect for Law Enforcement, but it wasn’t the right path for me. All that time wasn’t wasted though, because it’s where I met my husband!
10. This is a goofy little fact about me, but I love Subway’s pickles! I had a friend in high school who worked at Subway and would bring me pickles to school in the morning. They’re just so good!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post about me! It’s super fun to share some unknown facts about myself. If we have anything in common, share below.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Before and After Editing Wedding Photographs