If you know me well, you know I am a huge fan of sweets. From cookies to donuts to cupcakes to anything chocolate; I love it! So, naturally, I always have my eye on the desserts at weddings. I've seen a lot of alternatives to the traditional wedding cake and I wanted to share them with you in case you wanted to go the nontraditional route!
1. Cupcakes! I know that cupcakes are literally the same thing as cake, but smaller. But something about their size makes them taste so much better. Plus, you can have multiple flavors so those who don't like chocolate can still enjoy a cupcake!
2. Donuts. Who doesn't enjoy donuts? I had donuts at my wedding as well as a little cake that Jacob and I cut. I'll never regret that decision! We got donuts from Donut World and they were so good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
3. Brownies! You really just can't go wrong with brownies. If you're on a budget, brownies are something simple you or your family could bake yourselves.
4. Pie. I've only photographed one wedding that had pie and it was glorious! I'm typically not big on pie, but when you throw peanut butter pie in there, I am sold.
5. Another great idea is ice cream sundaes and the guests can make their own sundaes. It's super fun and a little messy, but it's sweet to see all the kids get excited over creating their own sundaes!
There are so many great desserts out there that you can have at your wedding other than the traditional wedding cake. If you're not feeling cake, don't be afraid to have fun and have your favorite sweets instead!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Run to an Elopement - Recommended Vendor